Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blessings galore!!!

Can you imagine twins and three years later find out you're expecting sextuplets? Personally, I cannot. I guess I begin to question my faith in myself and God in having the strength to handle the emotions of the news, much less the reality of life after the birth. I have the utmost respect for Jon and Kate. They truly are a team in every sense of the word. Their faith in God to guide them strengthens their bond as husband and wife, and teammates. I admire their outlook on life, and the fact they are real enough to let us enter their home every week and enjoy their lives with them. I just began reading Multiple Blessings, and so far I am hooked!

To be honest with you and myself, I would probably be insane with twins, and the thought of six more would put me over the edge. I hate doing laundry now, and it's just my husband and me. The house would never get cleaned (duh, nothing new), and I'd probably lose a kid or two under mess lying around that never got put away. Man, six bottoms to change and six mouths to get food ready for...wow...can we say challenging?

Then, I think about entering the door and having six plus two running to give hugs and kisses, and I get that warm, fuzzy feeling. Telling six plus two goodnight, sweet dreams, and I love you, at night, oh, I just can't imagine! Love in the home can overpower so many obstacles, and their home is filled with more than enough for all.

Homeschooling the sextuplets for preschool is one of Kate's goals, and I have much respect for her and all the mom's that home school. It keeps the family closer than having kids in school six hours each day. So many wonderful moments can happen during the course of learning at home with mom or dad. The learning trips and opportunities that just arise at home are endless. After teaching in public schools for 28 years, I am an advocate of homeschooling...that is from parents really devoted to giving their children all they need. Also, I know all parents cannot home school, I didn't. I did stay totally involved in my daughter's education, as I feel all parents should do. But, I know that I missed quality time that cannot be replaced. Honey, I'm sorry, but parents do what they have to do.

I have read the blogs of homeschooling moms, and I send those moms my respect and gratitude for their efforts in creating future adults for our world. It's a hard job!!!

Home schooling moms, a huge shout out for all of you!!!


No comments: