Thursday, June 5, 2008

Family moments...some can be odd



My youngest niece graduated tonight from high school. Moments like this bring family together in a good way. Ours is definitely an interesting one. My brother's ex-wife, who has all but lived with his childhood friend for the past five years, joined us. Their oldest daughter went by and picked them up at their respective homes.

The guy she was dating was buried on Tuesday. It just felt normal. I have an amazing mother and daddy. They take everything in stride and would never embarrass anyone or make the feel ill at ease. Everyone loaded up in my mother's van and off they went.

Afterwards, my mom and dad were tired, and I needed to come home and let Princess inside because of the heat...there the three plus their two grandkids went out to eat.

I know people wonder about us, and it too amazes me at times. But I guess when it comes to a parent's love for their children, feelings are put aside and bad memories stored on a very high shelf.

No comments: