Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy

Biased opinion, but I have the best dad in the world! Funny though, as I got older, he strangely
got a lot smarter.
He is the perfect example of a good man.
His has one big flaw, he is hard to buy presents for. Today, he and mother are at their place at Myrtle Beach, and I wanted to surprise him, but that has gotten harder over time. Well, I pulled it off!!!
Yeap, I sent him an edible arrangement. When I talked to him, he was quite pleased. Even boomers still like to please their parents.
He and mother had already nibbled and reached the conclusion that it was not only unusual, but very tasty. I love them! I can hear the conversation about how the fruit was cut and the bananas dipped, and how it stayed so nice all the way from North Myrtle to Garden City. Those two, they are quite the entertaining pair.
My great-nephew, I wrote about in an earlier blog, is his first male addition since my brother. He is so good with my great-niece, and I can only imagine what is in store for the great-grandson. He is already talking about fishing trips. He painted birdhouses with his great-granddaughter, and planted seeds so she could watch them grow. He tends all things with love, as he did my brother and me growing up.
What else can I say, except, Happy Father's Day daddy, and I love you tremendously!

Thanks to Edible Arrangements at North Myrtle Beach, SC.
http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

No comments: