Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cost of gas...wow

I hate to talk about depressing subjects, but I filled my car up today. Well, $91.21
later, I paid and left the establishment. Yes, I admit, I drive an SUV gas hog but
it's paid for, and I hate to try and trade.

Well, while pumping gas, I noticed a small child pumping gas for his mom, I
guess she was his mom. He struggled to hold the nozzle steady. He was not
but maybe six, but he was giving it his all. Thank goodness his struggle was almost over when I began.

Evidently a man noticed his struggle and walked over to help. The alleged
mom gave the man a drop dead look and proceded to yell at the child to hurry the hell up (as if he could make the pump work faster). The poor man, who was probably in his 70's, look puzzled. Can you blame him? I felt sorry for the man and boy.

Anyway, the task was complete and the man put the gas cap on and the nozzle back for the child, who skipped back to the car. As his mom stuffed him in the two door car on her side, she smacked him and screamed "you are useless, I told you last time you don't need no help, boy."
I looked at the man, who looked at the "mom," who evidently noticed our expressions. She graciously gave us both middle finger jesture....I guess as a thank you for caring???

I honestly do not understand the world today and some of the people in it. Honestly, I was writing to complain about gas prices, but that was not important after remembering that little boy. Do you understand why some act as they do? Let me know...I am puzzled.

No comments: