Sunday, July 20, 2008

Earth-mover for hire!!!



Well, today I guess I am full of it. Another idea just flashed before my eyes....my dog, the escape artist. As I was passing the front door, I caught a glimpse of white streaking across the front yard. Yes, it was my dear dog. She escaped from the fence again. Actually, as I stood and watched it was really amusing. She was running and leaping like a deer. She is so muscular that is allows her to jump high, and she must love doing it. We've tried to get her to catch a frisby, but she hasn't quite gotten it. Tree limbs are her thing. She loves to drag them onto the deck. I sometimes wonder if they are presents or if she was a lumberjack in another life.

We need to hire her out as an earth mover because she is excellent at it. If the ground was harder, maybe it would take her longer to dig the escape tunnels. My husband buried cement blocks under the other side of the yard along the in her last escape area. He said that if she dug and moved the blocks that we would hire her out to a construction crew. At the rate she's going, with a full-time job, we could buy a fifth wheel camper. Yeah!
As I cleaned the red dirt off her for the tenth or so time this week, she looked at me with those endearing eyes and lapped me on the cheek several times as if to say sorry. As soon as I was finished, she jumped out of the chair and ran right back to tunnel #5 with me in hot persuit. Again I plugged the hole, again she'll get out, and again I'll clean the dirt off of her. I hope the hubby knows what he is doing next Saturday!
Right now, she's laying by my side, resting up for her next construction project. Can't help but love her!

1 comment:

GreatestTeacher said...

Hi there! I love your blog and I love the fact you're still a teacher at heart. I'm a teacher now and I love sharing my information with others. I haven't gotten into the blogging world yet, but I'm glad I lucked up on yours! I have an ebook I'd love for you to take a look at geared towards teachers about planning field trips. Do you have a mailing list? Would you consider a joint venture for sending the buying option out to your list? I'm new to IMing but I'm excited to meet someone who's already "been there doing that!" Thanks in advance for getting back with me! My email is greatest teacher at gmail . com (No spaces) Talk to you soon!


Diana