Saturday, August 9, 2008

Campground Venting.........HELP


In the beginning of my blogging, I talked about my husband and I building a campground. We have gone around the world and back with banks, county officials, etc. There is a large power plant project going on in the small town where we want to build. Construction workers are known for having campers and taking them to their work. This is their lodging for the six or seven years they are on a project.
Common sense tells me that if there is no place to them to camp, or even rent motel rooms or apartments, that something needs to be done to accomodate them...duh?
We own 20 acres, and were planning to create 200 campsites to offer the workers. It's obvious they are coming, someone has to build the plant. But we have been asked to produce names and phone numbers for "reservations." Maybe I am dumb, but I haven't figured out how to reserve something that isn't there yet.
Oh, and we are supposed to fund the cost of extending a sewage line to our property, no not connecting on to, but bring it a mile from the treatment facility! Now, it has to come across a state owned bridge...citizens can't get approval for that...only government. The total cost is staggering.
Are we the only ones that know a new business will create jobs and bring more money into the rural town? We must be.
You should see my email folders. I think I have talked with most everyone in the county and state. You know the oh, that is......'s territory, let me give you their email, blah, blah, blah. It's amazing the lack of knowledge that people can pretend to have about the situation.
Hey, we are not trying to be the next Donald Trumph, just a nice, family owned business that will allow my husband to retire before he gets to be 100 years old.
If we were wanting to open a nudist campground or one created for "ladies of the evening", we'd probably be over-run with offers to get the project done.
I have been chasing my tail for over a year......any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!! Leave one, please?

No comments: